There are many pivotal moments in life, one of which is a young person’s first Holy Communion. It is an important moment and is a huge step in their religious journey. Traditionally, young men and women will wear formal attire to show respect at the ceremony; for boys a suit is worn, and for girls a frock. As a parent, it a special moment, but finding the perfect communion dresses Sydney, can be like finding a needle in a haystack. But it doesn’t have to be. Here are some top tips to help finding the gown not only stress free, but a fun experience for both you and your daughter.
- The first thing you should do when beginning your search for an outfit is to confirm the dress-code rules with your Priest. This will be different depending on your church, but it is important to make sure the gown you decide on meets these requirements. The last thing you want is to buy an outfit and later find out that your daughter won’t be allowed to wear it. So, before you go shopping for communion dresses in Sydney, make sure you know what your daughter will be allowed to wear, and opt for something that meets these requirements.
- Budget should also be discussed before you begin your search. Being clear on how much you want to spend prior to shopping will prevent you and your daughter from falling in love with something that is out of the price range. Most shops offer frocks to cater to every budget, but if you are struggling, ask a member of staff and they will be able to show you appropriate outfits. There are so many beautiful communion dresses in Sydney that you’ll have no trouble finding the perfect gown without breaking the bank!
- As with any type of occasion gown, there are many different styles to consider. Communion dresses in Sydney range from long sleeve, short sleeve to sleeveless, and come in a range of lengths. The type of style you go for will depend on the outfit requirements set by your Priest. However, it is important that you opt for something that your daughter feels comfortable in and is age appropriate. Don’t forget to think about the season, if the event will be in the summer, perhaps choose a gown that has shorter sleeves, but if it will be in winter, long sleeves might be better to save your daughter from feeling cold. The best way to decide on a style is to get your daughter to try on as many styles as possible, and let her tell you what she feels most comfortable in.
- Finding the perfect gown can be a challenge, so make sure you leave yourself plenty of time to shop around. This means starting the search well in advance. The more time you have, the more options that will be available to you. It’s also important to remember that if you require any alterations, this may also take a couple of weeks, so make sure you have time before the ceremony. The last thing you want is to be stressed about is either not having found the perfect gown, or the gown not being altered in time. Remember, it is never too early to start shopping, but it can very easily become too late!
- When you’re shopping for a communion dress in Sydney, it is really helpful to have an idea of your daughter’s measurements. Knowing her size will make the whole process much easier. You can either do this at home before you go shopping, or you can ask a shop assistant to measure for you. Each frock will be different in how it fits, but having a rough idea will save time when it comes to trying things on- you don’t want to put your daughter through the stress of trying on three different sizes in the same gown before finding one that fits.